You might be driving traffic to your website—but what are you doing to make every website click count?
I got some killer advice on improving website conversions in my interview with Lindsey Anderson, also known as “One Click Lindsey.”
Lindsey is a Web strategy expert who works with small business owners to help them use the web to produce more website traffic and leads. She is the founder and CEO of TrafficAndLeads.com, which specializes in driving traffic, getting leads and nurturing those leads to become lifelong clients. Lindsey is an expert in landing pages, email sequences, search engine ranking, newsletters, analytics, social media, pay-per-click ads, websites, blogging…the list goes on. She knows how to utilize the latest online marketing options to generate more traffic and leads and ultimately more paying clients.
On the show, we talk about what people really want with their websites—which is traffic and leads. Lindsey talks at length about why our main focus should be on creating high-quality content.
Other topics we discuss include:
- Her thoughts on social media and what works best for her clients (Facebook marketing, along with some Twitter and Pinterest)
- Why she is always running search engine optimization (SEO) campaigns in the background—and how long it can take to get results from SEO
- How to get “quick wins” with your content
- The top tools she uses with her clients: WordPress, Google Analytics, Jetpack, Yoast (SEO plugin), Buzzsumo (for keyword research), SumoMe (to capture email addresses) and Mailchimp (to send email campaigns)
- Why continual testing is key to website conversions
- The biggest website mistakes she sees
- Why free reports and ebooks are not working as well these days—and why free email courses work much better (I mentioned my favorite tools for easily creating these, ConvertKit)
LeadPages let’s you launch and test landing pages, pop-up sign up forms and more. Find out why it is the industry’s leading solution for landing pages.
Photo credit: Unsplash
[share title=”SHARE THIS” facebook=”true” twitter=”true” google_plus=”true” linkedin=”true” pinterest=”true” reddit=”true” email=”true”]
Join our newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email—and
a free copy of our Ultimate Business Checklist.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Also published on Medium.