Libsyn Promo Code | Libsyn Discount Code — Use code LAUNCH.
If you are starting a podcast, you will need to sign up with a reliable, affordable podcast hosting company. I recommend Libsyn, as you’ll see in this article. And when you use the Libsyn discount code LAUNCH during the signup process, you’ll get up to 2 months free! (Note: This only applies to new Libsyn accounts.)
Here are the steps to use the Libsyn promo code LAUNCH to get your 2-month free trial.
- Sign up for a new account at Libsyn.
- Enter your account information, billing information and “show slug” (i.e., a special Libsyn URL where your show will reside).
- To get up to 2 months for free, I recommend that you sign up on the second day of the initial month of your trial. Libsyn counts the technical date of signup based on their server location in the U.S., so depending on where you live Libsyn could be at least one day behind your timezone. Whichever technical date you sign up on according to Libsyn, you will get the rest of that current month and the following month free.
- Select your Subscription option carefully. This is because if you decide at any time during the free trial period to change your subscription level—either higher or lower—Libsyn will automatically move your account into that paid level, and immediately kick into billing mode and charge you a prorated portion for that current month.
- Click the Compare Plans button to see your payment options. I recommend you select an option that is 1-2 levels higher than what you think you may ultimately need for your podcast. You can always select a lower plan at the end of your free trial.
- Enter the word LAUNCH where it says “Have a promo code?” Please note, Go For Launch is an affiliate of Libsyn, meaning we will make a small referral fee which will not affect your price. Just remember, without a Libsyn discount code, there is no free trial!
Which Subscription Should You Choose?
The biggest question you will probably have is what subscription level to choose. It really depends on how often you are going to publish a podcast. I would say for most beginners, if you are going to do a 30-minute podcast four times a month, then you’re probably best suited at the $15-$20/month options. The $15 plan was always more than enough for me when I published at that rate.
According to Libsyn, the average, properly encoded audio file will be about 5MB to 1MB per minute of recorded audio. They recommend that if you will publish a 1-hour episode every week of the month, you would need at least the $15 plan. All of their plans come with a certain amount of file storage, which “resets” each month. You are not charged for “bandwidth,” which is a term for the amount of data that gets transferred anytime someone listens to your podcast.
Bear in mind again that for the complete free trial period, it is best to select a higher-level plan than you may need, and to stick with it for the free month. Publish at your desired show length and frequency. Then you will have a better idea whether you can stay at the level you selected, or perhaps choose a lower-priced plan once your trial ends. Another factor to consider is whether you want to get basic or advanced stats for your show.
Libsyn launched in 2004 as the first podcast service provider. Since then, they have become the world’s leading podcasting hosting service, hosting more than 67,000 podcasts worldwide, including roughly 35% of the top 200 podcasts in iTunes. Libsyn is the most experienced podcast hosting platform for both audio and video.
Libsyn is easy to use, and it allows podcasters to publish their podcast episodes to all the major podcasting platforms, including Apple Podcasts, Pandora, iHeartRadio, SoundCloud, Stitcher, Spotify, TuneInRadio, YouTube and more.
Check out the Libsyn Directory, where you will find many of the world’s top podcasts, including The Joe Rogan Experience, WTF with Marc Maron and the Gary Vee Audio Experience—not to mention the Go For Launch podcast.
I can tell you personally that Libsyn is a great company to work with. I had the pleasure of meeting Elise Escobar (Libsyn Community Manager) and Rob Walch (VP of Podcaster Relations) at Podcast Movement. Both were extremely approachable and knowledgeable. I’ve emailed Rob many times, and he is quick to get back to me with any questions.
Good luck with launching your new podcast!
FAQs About Libsyn Discount Code
Does Libsyn have a free trial?
Libsyn does not offer a free trial on their main website. However, if you enter the promo code Launch when setting up a new account, you will get all of the current month and the following month for free.
Is there a Libsyn discount code?
Use the promo code Launch to get up to two free months of Libsyn podcasting hosting (note: for new accounts only).
Join our newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email—and
a free copy of our Ultimate Business Checklist.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."