Finding a niche—defined as a distinct segment of the market you are in and become “known” for—is essential to business success. Too many entrepreneurs fail with offerings that are broad and undefined.
In this episode of the Go For Launch podcast, business coach Jason Treu talks about why niches are vital and how to identify yours as you evolve.
Jason is a top coach to executives, as well as a sought-after speaker and author. He’s a leading expert on social engineering, influence, persuasion, networking and leadership. At the heart of his strategy is the understanding that people and your relationships are your true “wealth.”
Jason works with experts, entrepreneurs and executives to help them get known and stand out by building key skill sets and the right relationships, creating their brand platform and purpose, and improving their business results.
His bestselling book, Social Wealth, the how-to-guide on building personal and professional relationships, has sold more than 30,000 copies and hit #1 in four business and self-help categories.
He also is a frequent contributor to publications such as Brazen Careerist, Thought Catalogue, Under30 CEO, KillerStartups, and many others.
Listen to episode #15 of the Go For Launch podcast.
Topics in today’s show include:
- How to start a business on the side (and build it quietly without taking a lot of risks)
- Steps Jason took early on to set himself up for success
- Why it is crucial to identify your niche (vs. going too wide with your offerings)
- Why being a “Jack of all trades” is a mistake
- Jason’s 10+ years of research into building relationships, confidence and charisma — and key lessons for entrepreneurs
- Why you need a mentor (and why you should pay for one)
- How to focus on what you do best
- Advice on staying curious and applying curiosity to your business growth (“Curiosity is one of the most underrated qualities out there today, and it will define your success,” Jason says)
- How to network with highly influential and affluent prospects (without being “salesy”)
SiteGround provides reliable and affordable web host for startups — with plans starting at just $3.95 per month.
Use LeadPages to launch and test landing pages, test and validate your business ideas, capture emails and more. Find out why it is the industry’s leading solution for landing pages.
Jason Treu’s website, Be Extraordinary
[callout type=”center” title=”Like This Post? Subscribe to Go For Launch” message=”If you liked this post, subscribe to the Go For Launch newsletter and get new posts delivered straight to your inbox!” button_text=”Go For Launch!” href=”Go For Launch newsletter]
[share title=”SHARE THIS” facebook=”true” twitter=”true” google_plus=”true” linkedin=”true” pinterest=”true” reddit=”true” email=”true”]
Join our newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email—and
a free copy of our Ultimate Business Checklist.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."